Sunday, September 6, 2009

Laryngitis and 5 minute chocolate cake.

Well I'm home sick again :( Just as i recover from the bloody flu, I come down with Laryngitis! grrrr, It's a really inconvenient time of year for me to be getting sick. We have 7 weeks left altogether of school before NCEA externals.
The work load has increased and the seriousness of it has increased, so for me to be getting sick and needing to stay home, it's not very good.
However, this has given me all new inspiration to bake! Something which I've always been afraid to do coz i've never really been very good at it and because sugary foods scare me... :S
I don't know why, but whenever i am in ill health i'm always more likely to eat unhealthy :/ i wonder why that is.
This afternoon i made a 5 Minute Chocolate Cake, using a recipe i found on Rigel Suicides Flickr account and it actually tasted really really good!
The recipe is: 
4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil or butter/margarine
1 egg
splash of vanilla extract
splash of almond extract
handful of chocolate chips

mix dry ingredients in a large 18oz mug or bowl. add wet ingredients one at a time, mixing each thoroughly. add chocolate chips last. microwave 2-3 minutes, sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!





I plan to make my mum's famous mars bar muffins tonight, so i'll keep you posted!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment